Ir para conteúdo
  • Cadastre-se

Gravador de DVDs externo. Será que este modelo é compatível?

Posts Recomendados

• Respostas 4
  • Criado
  • Última resposta

Top Postadores Neste Tópico

Top Postadores Neste Tópico

Neste fórum um cara está relatando alguns problemas que ele teve com este gravador, vai abaixo o post dele...

Problem with LG external DVD (USB 2.0)

Hello guys:

I need your help. The superdrive on my powerbook (Al 15" 1.5 GHZ) is almost not working (it rejects almost every disc for no reason - have tried all solutions I have found on the web, and it's still the same), so I went last saturday and bought an external dvd.

I wanted the portable Lacie firewire one, but it wasn't available. Therefore, I went out and buy an LG GSA-E50L. It's nice, it doesn't need a external power supply, USB 2.0, but it doesn't say a word about mac compatibility. I read in some sites that they wrok right out of the box, so I didn't worry that much. I should have done it, though.

The problems have been: 1) the dvd writer is only recognized after a reboot. 2) even then, I always have to use both usb ports (one for connection, one for power). 3) Toast 8 works "sometimes", other, just hangs.

I also had a kernel panic when disconnecting the thing. The writer seem to respond better once I switched the usb port that I was using. However, later I experienced other problems (drive spinning for a while the stopping, after a couple of seconds, again).

Are these problems normal? Is there a procedure for using these things that I don't know about? It is always necessary to reboot for the dvd writer to be recognized? it is normal that I have to use both usb ports? is it my powerbook? is it leopard? is it the writer?

I know about patchburn, but the developer states in the website that there is no need for it in leopard, and that there is no and there will not be a leopard version.

As of today, my options are: 1) Reinstall Leopard; 2) Return the writer and wait for the Lacie FW to be available again; 3) install patchburn anyway; 4) buy the Lacie usb dvd writer.

Any help or other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I need the capacity to burn dvds on the road. I have a band and we record our rehearsals on the powerbook (on several tracks, using Cubase SX) but we mixed them on a pc. We also make copies of new songs and burn them on audio cds to hear them over the week.

Powerbook Rev. C. 1.5 Ghz, 1 GB RAM

iPod 5G, 30 GB, Black

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Olha as respostas!!

You might have a bad drive. I have a GSA-E10L and haven't had any problems in Leopard. I would think newer models would be even more compatible, rather than less.
Yeah, I just plug it in and unplug it whenever, never have to reboot or anything. But mine has an actual AC power adapter as opposed to being powered over USB, so it might be different. But in general, USB devices should be able to be hot-swappable.
Solved. It was a power problem. The usb ports in the powerbook don't provide enough power. I use the power to usb cable that came with the drive, plug it into my iphone power adaptor and voila....everything works now.
Ingenious. Glad it worked out for you, I'll have to remember that trick if I have usb powered devices in the future...
Link para o comentário

• 2 semanas depois...

amigo funciona sim com certeza absoluta, pois uso esse mesmo drive externo da LG junto como meu MacBook. o Sistema reconhece sem problemas como um drive externo, se você usar o Toast para gravar basta alterar a gravadora no botão de selecão do drive a ser utilizado. Pode comprar tranquilo.

Link para o comentário

Participe do debate

Você pode postar agora e se registrar depois. Se você tem uma conta, entre agora para postar com ela.

Visitante
Responder este tópico…

×   Você colou conteúdo com formatação.   Remover formatação

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Limpar editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Quem Está Navegando   0 membros estão online

• Nenhum usuário registrado visualizando esta página.

• Estatísticas do Fórum

• Total de Tópicos
    • Total de Posts
  • Criar Novo...